May 06, 2007

and now for something completely different....

MP3: Mine All Mine (4.2 mb)

So there was this slasher flick that was looking for a song to compliment a scene where one evil, punkish sorority sister had kidnapped and seduced the devout and angelic girl she'd had her eye on for some time. The producers wanted something that blended the Jesus & Mary Chain, the Ramones, My Bloody Valentine...and XTC of all things. Hhhmmm. My noisy demo is presented here this month. It didn't make the cut, but at least I got another song out of it...

...and it let me explore that whole innocence defiled thing, which holds a certain attraction but often makes everyone involved want to take a long shower the next morning.

Oh, PS and BTW: there's a new single in the works. I hope to have it mixed and available within the month-ish. Acquirable via download only. Watch this spot for details....

MINE ALL MINE

I've been waiting for you like a night for a moon,
To hold it in its arms and to love it

Oh yeah Oh yeah
You're gonna be mine
You're gonna be mine all mine

It's not like you have wings and I'm pulling your strings
But my heavenly girl, don't you want it

In the fleeting of flight, I'll be your only light,
I'll be your start and end, and you'll love it

Oh yeah Oh yeah
You're gonna be mine
You're gonna be mine all mine

I've been waiting for you like a night for a moon,
To hold onto its light and to love it

It's just like you have wings and I'm pulling your strings
O my darling delight, don't you want it

Oh yeah Oh yeah
You're gonna be mine
You're gonna be mine all mine

No comments: